A Brief History
The Bedford Community Christmas Station assistance program, now called Christmas Selection eXpress, was our first endeavor as an organization in December of 2006. That first year, we were able to serve 262 families by providing Christmas gifts, household items, food, toys, and used coats.
Since 2008, eligible families have also been given opportunities to attend education workshops before their shopping appointment. Subjects include nutrition, personal finance, anxiety and depression, childcare, and more.
Each year since 2006 we have been honored to continue this program and have now assisted more than 4,000 families during the Christmas season. God has blessed this program from the beginning and is continuing to do so.
2023 Christmas Selection eXpress
We’re already looking forward to and preparing for our 2023 Christmas Selection eXpress program!
Our 2023 program distribution dates will be December 5th, 7th, and 9th. To participate in this program, you must attend one of our Eligibility Screenings.
Eligibility Screenings will be held at our building on:
- Monday, October 9th, from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 9th, from 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 15th, from 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 19th, from 5:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 21st, from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Parents/Legal Guardians need to bring the following documentation to the screening:
– Photo ID (of the parent/legal guardian) (ID must also be brought to the event)
– Recent pay stub or other income verification showing monthly income
– Child’s birth certificate or insurance card
– Proof of child custody may be required
– Proof of school enrollment (a report card or letter/email from the school). If the child is home-schooled, bring documentation that the child is registered with Bedford County Schools as a home-schooled student.
Recap of our 2022 Christmas Selection eXpress (CSX)
During our 2022 Christmas Selection eXpress program held on December 6th, 8th, and 10th, we were honored to serve 282 families that included 475 children and 145 seniors and disabled adults; 790 total people!
Each family received NEW toys, clothes, household goods, Christmas decorations, and a food box loaded with items to make a Christmas dinner, including a turkey!
In all, we’re so grateful to the 135 volunteers that made CSX happen this year! We had shoppers, decorators, volunteer callers, hospitality needs, loaders, department escorts, and more.
Take a look at our recent post to see some pictures of our amazing volunteers and departments all set up ready for shoppers!